Are you ready to add a social media professional to your management team?
I am always open to hear about new positions that would allow me to leverage my 18 years of experience in community curation and social media for companies and other organizations. I can initiate your social media program or take the one you already have to the next level.
Interested in Executive Director/VP level permanent positions (no contract or project based work) in the greater New York City area.
Specialist in social media marketing to promote organizations and brands by deepening customer engagement, curating communities, creating content, and broadening online communications including blogging/micro-blogging, crisis communications and social networking.
- Social media both professionally and personally
- Social networks including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, Google+, Quora
- Social marketing
- Corporate communications, brand building, brand awareness and earned media
- Community curation, moderation and standards User interaction, engagement and training
- Content programming
- Blogging and micro-blogging
- Customer evangelist
Responsible for the social media strategy, tactics, guidelines and governance of this Big 4 Accounting, Audit and Advisory firm’s social media initiatives. Work closely with all internal stakeholders, including Audit, Tax, Advisory, Institutes, Industry, Platinum Accounts, Brand and Events Marketing teams as well as Human Resources, Corporate Communications, Client Training, Global Marketing and others, to understand their long-term strategic plans and how they translate into a digital content strategy across our various web properties, our social media channels, our apps, emails and online events.
Oversee social media paid marketing efforts on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook on behalf of our internal clients.
Lead the internal training and education effort on the effective use of social media as a business development and business intelligence tool. Promote and support the expansion of social media usage throughout the organization.
- Independent consultant providing social media guidance and insight to businesses and non-profit organizations including social media strategy, internal training and education and social network content management. Also provide general business support. Engagements included
- New York city based non-profit organization: Created a social media strategy and implementation plan and a social networking policy
- K. based social media consultancy: Consulted on the available social media tools for effective pre-planning and scheduling of messages on Twitter
- New York city based promotions company: Consulted on service bid for social media promotion to a Midwest based financial institution
- New York city based fashion house: Provided extended business services including assisting in year-end marketing audit
- One-on-one consultations with individuals to regarding monitoring and managing their personal online reputation (brand)
- Author social media related blog, Bottom of the Food Chain (http://bit.ly/botfc)
Bloomberg L.P. 2009 – 2010
Social Media lead for Public Relations
- Developed strategy and policy for the expansion of social media for this global financial information, product and news organization.
- Expanded use of social media tools such as Twitter, Facebook, Flickr and YouTube for 14 company business units and over thirty individual associates.
- Increased user engagement by 400% and company participation in social media by 9X.
- Trained Bloomberg TV anchors and multimedia staff on using social media in covering the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, the first use of social media for the news department.
- Instructed Bloomberg Sports on how to best interact with influential bloggers brought in to preview a new analytical fantasy sports products and assisted in the live event.
- Planned the social media promotion for annual energy summit held in London and other local events.
- Trained users and monitor usage for many additional Bloomberg business units including Professional Development (HR); Bloomberg News; Bloomberg Law; and Bloomberg L..P.
- Implemented a social media reporting system to identify opportunities and react to brand related issues.
BusinessWeek, a McGraw-Hill Company 2007 – 2009
Director, User Participation at BusinessWeek Digital/McGraw-Hill Companies
- Social Media lead for BusinessWeek Digital responsible for user participation and interaction on its Business Exchange site http://bx.businessweek.com; managed a social media team.
- Created the User Participation department; interfaced daily with Product, IT, Ad Operations, Business Development and Marketing. Provided support for Sales, Circulation and Editorial.
- Led the viral marketing user outreach effort utilizing direct communication with our users on sites such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn; generated user brand loyalty.
- Drove social and viral marketing; analyzed feedback; approved user-generated content; performed user outreach; codified site terms of service; updated community moderation techniques; and fostered user participation.
- Designed a community moderation process including creating Community Standards; a crowd-sourced content reporting system; and a system for approval of over 1600 user-suggested topics. Recognition: McGraw-Hill Corporate Achievement Award for Innovation 2009
AOL/America Online 1997 – 2007
Senior Program Manager at AOL LLC (November 2006 – December 2007)
AOL’s Messaging and Social Media Group, performed reviews, analyses and forecasts administering a $10+ MM annual budget; created meaningful management reports used by the executive team.
- Responsible for the administration of all contracted Blogger agreements for our niche communities. Also was involved in special projects and ongoing industry events.
- In Community Operations and Experience, responsible for the user experience on AOL community focused on Community Standards, Community Moderation and Terms of Service.
- Created a moderation team located off-shore (India) to take advantage of available resources and economies. Created and implemented standards, processes and training programs generating seven figure annual savings.
- Updated Community Guidelines to reflect current Internet standards and the change to open access for AOL community content.
Programming Manager at America Online (AOL) (February 2005 – November 2006)
Created content programming for AOL Community including Dating and Relationships, GLBT and the main People Connection channel hub page which received over 200 million page views annually.
- Provided the community component for sponsored online campaigns America Takes It Off (Good Morning America/EDiets), Chief Everything Officer (Dove), Having a Baby Changes Everything (J&J).
- Social media lead for new AOL product launches such as UnCut Video, AIM Pages and Shout Outs.
Sr. Program Manager at AOL Communities, Inc. (ACI) (March 1997-February 2005)
Managed a team of 32 remotely located community team coordinators who in turn oversaw a large group of community leaders.
- Controlled content for various channels of AOL Community, including Love@AOL, Friends & Flirts and AOL Local.
- Programmed features, polls, and special projects such as 15 Hours of Fame and seasonal holiday content
- Created and programmed communities which included trivia games, idea sharing and celebrity interview content.
- Recognition: ACI Award for Excellence in Effective Business Plans 2002
Financial Management and Administration Career (1977 – 1997)
- Held sr. financial positions in companies including Macy’s, Phillips-Van Heusen and First USA Bank.
- Experienced in management. contract negotiations, internal controls, fraud detection and electronic funds transfer
Affiliations, Memberships & Interests
- · MENSA (American and International chapters)
- · Public Relations Society of America (PRSA – National and New York chapters)
- · Online Community Research Network (OCRN)
- · TV junkie, Broadway and NY sports teams’ fan
- · Obsessed with social media since getting my first PC in 1994 (we just called it Community back then)
Bachelor of Arts — Accounting and Information Systems
City University of New York – Queens College 1977